1. It’s sunny! That’s almost always at the top of my list of positive things!
2. Progress in my long, long journey toward an improved me. Earlier in the week, I pulled out a long-sleeved t-shirt to wear on a chill and windy day. This particular shirt had been–well, snug would be a nice word for it–last year. It’s not snug now. Just this morning, I pulled on a pair of sweats that were also snug last time I put them on, and they, too, are roomier than the last time I wore them. Progress is slow, but it’s progress!
3. Rest days. As much as I love my walks and the other routines I use to keep active, rest days are just as important. Today will be one after three days in a row of good brisk walks. I will be getting outside for some sun, however.
4. Good food. I’m glad I have choices, and that I’m making better ones. I still slip up, but it’s not an everyday thing.
5. I don’t beat myself up over my mistakes the way I once did. I’m gentler with myself, and that’s a very good thing.
The negative: being single sucks donkey balls, for a whole host of reasons. I have a fabulous circle of friends; still, that one person I want to share my life with, and who I’d like to have share his life with me, is absent.
That’s it for me. Make it a great day, all!