1. Renew my driver’s license. I’m hopeful that my new picture will be even more frightening than the old one.
2. Clean up the joint. It’s a pit.
3. Keep moving! Every walk, every time I pick up the weights, every time I do some yoga, it makes me stronger, gives me more stamina, and adds to my overall sense of well-being.
4. Quit wasting so much time on things I don’t need to think about yet.
5. Gather the materials for my special birthday potluck hat and start making it. It’s going to be epic. I hope.
6. Try out one new vegetarian recipe. As much as I like beans and rice–and I really do–there’s more to be savored out there, and I’m going to find something good this week. I’m liking this site for its wide selection of recipes and the “quick, easy, and cheap” aspects of most of them.
7. Use one of my hoarded gift cards to buy a blender. I’ve wanted one for ages; it’s time to unclench a little and get one. Mango lassi, anyone?
8. Haul some stuff out to the Goodwill. No need to keep things that are no longer of use to me. Taking it all the same day I renew my license saves me a trip since they’re both in the same strip mall.
9. Do my dishes every day. EVERY DAY.
10. Start breaking in my new shoes. That’s always a chore.
11. Do my big Wal-mart run. It’s a once-a-month thing for me and something I have been putting off, in part because shopping alone isn’t much fun, in part because it’s been kind of a fun challenge to see just how long I can go without buying stuff.
That looks like enough to get started on for one week. Off to do up some dishes–later, taters! Make it a good day!