1. It’s sunny. By now, you know that’s nearly always at the top of my list.
2. Lunch with a good friend.
3. Kumquats. At least I hope they’ll make me happy–I’m a kumquat newbie (I nearly wrote “kumquat virgin” but there’s such an obvious, and naughty, joke in there that I thought better of it)–and I don’t really know what I’m in for yet. Still, it’s fun to say “kumquat,” kumquat may. (And groaning ensues. I stole that joke from an old, sweet Brit Com called May to December, which is on You Tube if you’re curious. The writers of the show probably stole it from someone else.)
4. I still have a job. Fingers crossed–my contract is up next month and I always sweat it a little when it’s up for review. It’d be just awful if I had to get a real job.
5. Coffee on sale, again. I’m no snob when it comes to my coffee and I’ll drink darn near anything, but it’s nice to get something I really like for a decent price. I have three cans stockpiled. I’m inordinately pleased about that.
6. Finally–there’s that word again. Remember yesterday’s post?–there’s this: there was some lively discussion yesterday on my Facebook page about the start of spring. Me? I’m practically giddy over what my calendar says about it, but some other folks, beaten down by a winter that just won’t quit, were somewhat less enthused and it was suggested that I was maybe a little too optimistic about the whole thing. Understand that I’m not blaming them for feeling less springy than I do–it has been a long winter. But damn, y’all–spring! It’s the happiest time of the year! The money quote? ” . . . Kymm would be optimistic if her ass was on fire.”
I took that as high praise.
And that, folks, is what’s making me happy today.