Other folks may be making resolutions for the new year; I’m making anti-resolutions. Instead of listing all the things I’m going to do in 2013, I’m focusing on what I’m not going to do. It’s not as negative as you might think.
In 2013, I’m not going to:
* Be unkind to myself for my human frailties. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to work to overcome my faults and frailties but I will strive to not be as hard on myself as I have been most of my life.
* Be as untidy as I am now. I’m really very tired of living with disorder and chaos and I’m cleaning up my act this year. (That’s not being hard on myself!)
* Bring goods into my home that don’t enhance it or are likely to become burdens. “Less but better” will be my guide for all things material.
* Spend the next year slumped in front of a computer screen. I have to work online, but I don’t have to live online. I will remind myself daily, if needed, that it’s not real life.
* Stop knitting for, and otherwise giving to, others. That is the very best part of me and something I like very much about myself. I will keep on giving until it feels good.