1. A reusable, BPA-free water bottle that looks like a water bottle. I don’t want stainless steel or aluminum–I’ve tried both and the water tastes funny. I don’t want a wide mouth or a “sports” top or something that holds half a gallon or anything else that’s funky–I want your basic, pop bottle inspired narrow screw top mouth that holds 18 ounces or so.
I want a simple water bottle that I can safely use until the cows come home and then some.
2. Eye drops that correct vision problems. They have them in the Star Trek universe and so much of our current technology is Trek-inspired that I don’t see why this isn’t possible. Somebody get on it, okay?
3. Home X-ray. I just think it’d be fun.
4. Simple “yes” or “no” responses to simple “yes” or “no” kinds of questions. I don’t really care what you ate or who called or what my brother did today. Sorry, but it’s true. I’m a cut-and-dried kind of girl when it comes to that kind of thing.
5. A better filing system and someone to do it for me.
6. An old turquoise and cream pickup truck.
7. A caravan.
8. A trip out west and a suitable companion to go along with me.
9. More time and a suitable companion to go along with me. As I read the other day, the days may be long sometimes, but the years are short. I don’t want to spend all the rest of my days, however long, or my years, however short, alone.
10. Lastly, at least on this list, I’d like my online
employer partner to quit dicking around with me. There’s either work or there isn’t. Make up your mind.